Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Book Reveiw: The Right Fit by Kay Albrecht


I decided to start off my reading challenge by reading a book for my professional development. I am at the point in my career where I am finding it necessary to find resources to assist me with certain aspects of my new position as preschool director. The biggest challenge of the job? Staffing! I thought this book would be a good way to start off the book challenge...boy, was I wrong!

Don't get me wrong, this book shed some light on things I was guilty of doing (*ahem* warm-body syndrome anyone? *ahem*) but it was not a good way to start off my challenge. Note to self: do not start off a reading challenge with a professional development book. I did get to mark my non-fiction book off the list though.

Now for the review...

The book was a short read and provided a lot of information about how to choose the right teacher when going through the hiring process. There were a few samples of how to organize and compare information on different candidates throughout the interview process. This is definitely something that I will be doing when I am conducting another round of interviews. There was also a list of great questions to ask during interviews.

What I really liked about this book was that it gave information about all different stages of staffing, from interviewing to performance reviews.

Recommendation: Yes, to new preschool directors!

-Miss Kapua

No comments:

Post a Comment