Thursday, February 12, 2015

Valentine's Day Mail

This year for Valentine's Day, I set up all the supplies to make valentines in our writing center. Last week, the children created their own valentine holders to hang on the door. Throughout the week of Valentine's Day, the children were able to make and deliver valentines for their friends. 

Valentine Holders: 
The children painted a paper plate for their holder. I cut out the letters on different colors of paper to spell each child's name. They had to look for the letters to make their name. They were also given valentine stickers to decorate it. 

Children decorating their valentine holders.



The children loved making and delivering valentines. I supplied them with letter cut outs, valentine stickers, valentine stamps, colored masking tape, heart print duck tape, scissors, and pencils. Many hours were spent this week making valentines. I will definitely be doing this again next year. 

Bonus: I got to make valentines and surprise the children with them in their holders. The children insisted that I make and hang a holder so they could make me some too. How sweet are my kiddos?!

Happy Valentine's Day!

-Miss Kapua 

No comments:

Post a Comment